Be aware of these types of common problems when designing your websites:
– The home page will not quickly tell you what the Web site is all about. You have to be able to go to the home page of any Internet site and determine what the web page is about, which kind of products this sells, www.tpz.alor perhaps what it is marketing within five seconds.
– The indegent use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animations and appear but that you’ve to watch with regards to five to ten just a few seconds before you are delivered to the real Net site), and other Web design features that sketch interest from your Web-site, products, and/ or companies.
– Poor Web site course-plotting. This includes smashed hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without having links, backlinks that take you to a similar Web page, and pages without links back in the home webpage (always add a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where readers are, they can find the way back home! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you have a marketing marketing campaign or total marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web page is certainly not your online strategy. Your Web site is just a part of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have an excellent restaurant but want to market and promote your business on the internet. Creating a Website is great, but since it is not marketed and promoted, no one is ever going to find it. By passing out business cards with your Web site URL embossed on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to market your Website. If you provide a downloadable/ printable coupon from your Web site, you are successfully using your Web-site as part of your online marketing strategy to meet project of increased restaurant product sales.
– Failing to attain Internet site relevance and content modernizing. There is absolutely nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting an internet site that is largely out of date. Mistaken pricing, goods no longer offered, dated articles, and historical advertising every signify to the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site is normally suffering considerably. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will take away the visitor coming from getting the stage of your Website (the five-second rule pointed out earlier).
– Avoid excessive text results. Forget flashing text, treating text, gymnastics text, or other amazing and dizzying effects, which will do nothing much more than annoy your internet site visitor. Do create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, text, or design that tourists are stressed by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of images on your Web site so that you don’t overwhelm your web sites visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images on your Web site. Just read was cool 10 years ago, however in today’s specialist environment, they may be just another “loud, ” irritating distraction that site visitors don’t want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a Web site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the actual fact that it can be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t include frames into Web site style. The use of structures within a Web site will travel customers apart faster than anything!
— DO combine the proper Internet site design components to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found by search engines.