Be aware of these common problems when designing your web site:
– Your home page does not quickly tell you what the Web page is all about. You have to be able to go to the home page of any Web site and find out what the web page is about, what kind of products that sells, welpark.co.ukor perhaps what it is marketing within five seconds.
– The indegent use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animations and appear but which you have to watch for the purpose of five to ten secs before you are taken to the real Net site), and other Web design features that sketch interest away from your Web site, products, and/ or products and services.
– Poor Web site nav. This includes worn out hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages with no links, backlinks that consider you to precisely the same Web page, and pages with no links returning to the home site (always include a link back for the home page in order that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find all their way back house! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you have a marketing advertising campaign or overall marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Website is certainly not your online strategy. Your Internet site is just a part of your overall online strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have an effective restaurant although want in promoting and promote your business on the Web. Creating a Site is great, but since it is not advertised and publicized, no one will ever find it. By simply passing out business cards with your Website URL embossed on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to encourage your Site. If you offer a downloadable/ savings coupon through your Web site, you are effectively using your Internet site as part of your online strategy to meet while you make money of increased restaurant product sales.
– Inability to attain Web page relevance and content updating. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting a site that is largely out of date. Improper pricing, items no longer readily available, dated articles, and historical advertising almost all signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site can be suffering significantly. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will detract the visitor out of getting the level of your Site (the five-second rule described earlier).
– Avoid way too many text results. Forget flashing text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and dizzying effects, which in turn do nothing much more than annoy your web blog visitor. No longer create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text message, or graphics that visitors are overwhelmed by the results and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web page so that you tend overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images on your Web site. These were cool ten years ago, but also in today’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, ” irritating distraction that site visitors can not want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by simple fact that it can be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t include frames into Web site design and style. The use of frames within a Site will travel customers aside faster than anything!
– DO combine the proper Web site design elements to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found by search engines.