Be aware of these common pitfalls when designing your web site:
– The home page will not quickly tell you what the Website is all about. You will be able to go to the home page of any Web site and discover what the internet site is about, what kind of products this sells, evergrunge.comor perhaps what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The indegent use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animation and sound but that you’ve to watch intended for five to ten just a few seconds before you are taken up the real Internet site), and also other Web design features that get interest far from your Website, products, and/ or services.
– Poor Web site direction-finding. This includes smashed hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without links, backlinks that have you to the same Web page, and pages without having links returning to the home page (always include a link back to the home page in order that regardless of where website visitors are, they will find their particular way back house! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you have a marketing campaign or overall marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Web site is not really your marketing strategy. Your Site is just a element of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have a successful restaurant although want to promote and market your business online. Creating a Site is great, but if it is not endorsed and publicized, no one is ever going to find it. By simply passing out custom business cards with your Internet site URL imprinted on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to develop your Internet site. If you give a downloadable/ printable coupon through your Web site, you are effectively using your Site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet while you make money of increased restaurant revenue.
– Failing to attain Web site relevance and content changing. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting an online site that is largely out of date. Erroneous pricing, items no longer offered, dated articles, and historic advertising all signify for the Web site visitor that the devotion on your Web site is normally suffering greatly. Cramming your pages with non-relevant materials will take away the visitor right from getting the stage of your Web-site (the five-second rule outlined earlier).
– Avoid lots of text effects. Forget flashing text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and wild effects, which usually do nothing a lot more than annoy your web sites visitor. Avoid create a “loud” Web site which contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or design that visitors are weighed down by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of images on your Website so that you do overwhelm your web sites visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid using animated GIF images with your Web site. Just read was cool a decade ago, but also in today’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, ” frustrating distraction that site visitors tend want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by simple fact that it can be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t integrate frames into Web site style. The use of frames within a Web-site will travel customers aside faster than anything!
– DO include the proper Web site design elements to ensure that your Web site is preparing to be found by simply search engines.