Be aware of these types of common issues when designing your web blog:
– Home page does not quickly tell you what the Web-site is all about. You should be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and figure out what the internet site is about, what sort of products this sells, or perhaps what it is promoting within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and sound but which you have to watch for the purpose of five to ten moments before you are taken up the real World wide web site), and other Web design features that draw interest away from your Web-site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site routing. This includes damaged hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages with no links, backlinks that consider you to a similar Web page, and pages without having links back in the home site (always incorporate a link back to the home page in order that regardless of where guests are, they can find all their way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you have a marketing advertising campaign or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web site is not your online marketing strategy. Your Web-site is just a a part of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have an effective restaurant although want in promoting and promote your business on the net. Creating a Web-site is great, but since it is not offered and marketed, no one is ever going to find it. By passing out business cards with your Web page URL embossed on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to enhance your Web page. If you give you a downloadable/ printable coupon from your Web site, you are efficiently using your Site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet objective of increased restaurant product sales.
– Inability to attain Web page relevance and content bringing up-to-date. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting a Web site that is largely out of date. Completely wrong pricing, items no longer obtainable, dated content material, and old advertising pretty much all signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion on your Web site can be suffering greatly. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will detract the visitor via getting the level of your Web page (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
– Avoid lots of text effects. Forget flashing text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and wild effects, which in turn do nothing more than annoy your blog visitor. Do create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, text, or images that visitors are stressed by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Website so that you don’t overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your Web site. They were cool 10 years ago, playing with today’s specialist environment, they may be just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors have a tendency want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a Web site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the truth that it may be used to design great Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate frames in Web site www.fargladan.se style. The use of glasses within a Web-site will drive customers away faster than anything!
— DO integrate the proper Web site design factors to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found by simply search engines.