Be aware of these common risks when designing your site:
– The home page does not quickly let you know what the Internet site is all about. You will be able to visit the home page of any Website and determine what the internet site is about, what type of products this sells, or what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The indegent use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animations and appear but that you’ve to watch meant for five to ten secs before you are delivered to the real World wide web site), and also other Web design features that pull interest faraway from your Web site, products, and/ or services.
– Poor Web site course-plotting. This includes worn out hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages without links, backlinks that take you to similar Web page, and pages with no links back in the home webpage (always will include a link back for the home page so that regardless of where guests are, they will find their way back residence! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you may have a marketing plan or total marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web-site is not your marketing strategy. Your Web-site is just a element of your overall online strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a productive restaurant but want to market and promote your business on the Web. Creating a Web-site is great, when it is not marketed and publicized, no one is ever going to find it. By simply passing out custom business cards with your Web page URL imprinted on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to market your Web page. If you provide a downloadable/ printable coupon out of your Web site, you are effectively using your Website as part of your marketing strategy to meet your goal of elevated restaurant product sales.
– Inability to attain Internet site relevance and content upgrading. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting an online site that is grossly out of date. Erroneous pricing, goods no longer offered, dated content material, and old advertising each and every one signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site is suffering considerably. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will take away the visitor via getting the stage of your Web site (the five-second rule stated earlier).
– Avoid excessive text results. Forget blinking text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or other amazing and dizzying effects, which in turn do nothing much more than annoy your webblog visitor. May create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or images that tourists are overwhelmed by the results and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Website so that you tend overwhelm your websites visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid using animated GIF images in your Web site. These were cool 10 years ago, in today’s professional environment, they are simply just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors tend want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by simple fact that it can be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t combine frames in Web site xtracells.com design. The use of frames within a Website will drive customers aside faster than anything!
— DO incorporate the proper Web site design components to ensure that your Web site is ready to be found simply by search engines.