Be aware of these types of common pitfalls when designing your web site:
– Your home page does not quickly let you know what the Web page is all about. You should be able to visit the home page of any Web-site and figure out what the web page is about, what kind of products this sells, or what it is promotion within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and audio but which you have to watch intended for five to ten moments before you are taken up the real Internet site), and other Web design features that draw interest far from your Web page, products, and/ or providers.
– Poor Web site nav. This includes smashed hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages without having links, links that take you to similar Web page, and pages with no links returning to the home webpage (always incorporate a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where prospects are, they can find their way back house! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you have a marketing plan or general marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Site is not really your online marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a element of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a prosperous restaurant nevertheless want to market and promote your business www.marloslima.com.br on the internet. Creating a Site is great, when it is not offered and publicized, no one is ever going to find it. By simply passing out custom business cards with your Website URL embossed on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to develop your Web site. If you offer a downloadable/ good coupon through your Web site, you are effectively using your Website as part of your web marketing strategy to meet while you make money of increased restaurant revenue.
– Inability to attain Site relevance and content upgrading. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting an internet site that is largely out of date. Completely wrong pricing, items no longer readily available, dated content, and historical advertising pretty much all signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site is definitely suffering greatly. Cramming your pages with nonrelevant materials will detract the visitor from getting the stage of your Web page (the five-second rule brought up earlier).
– Avoid lots of text results. Forget pulsating text, curing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and wild effects, which in turn do nothing more than annoy your web site visitor. Avoid create a “loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or images that guests are overpowered by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web-site so that you do overwhelm your websites visitors with “graphics overload. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your own Web site. They were cool ten years ago, in today’s professional environment, they are really just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors no longer want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the truth that it may be used to design great Web sites.
– Don’t combine frames in Web site design and style. The use of support frames within a Website will travel customers apart faster than anything!
— DO incorporate the proper Web site design factors to ensure that your Web site is ready to be found simply by search engines.