Be aware of these common issues when designing your blog:
– Home page will not quickly let you know what the Web site is all about. You will be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and figure out what the internet site is about, which kind of products this sells, or what it is promoting within five seconds.
– Poor people use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and appear but which you have to watch for five to ten a few moments before you are delivered to the real World wide web site), and other Web design features that attract interest faraway from your Site, products, and/ or products.
– Poor Web site direction-finding. This includes shattered hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages with no links, links that have you to similar Web page, and pages without links to the home webpage (always include a link back to the home page to ensure that regardless of where readers are, they can find the way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or general marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Web site is not really your marketing strategy. Your Web site is just a component to your overall online strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have an excellent restaurant nevertheless want to market and promote your business online. Creating a Site is great, but if it is not offered and advertised, no one will ever find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Website URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to market your Site. If you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon through your Web site, you are efficiently using your Web site as part of your online marketing strategy to meet your main goal of improved restaurant revenue.
– Failure to attain Internet site relevance and content changing. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting a site that is grossly out of date. Improper pricing, goods no longer readily available, dated content material, and ancient advertising most signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site is definitely suffering tremendously. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will detract the visitor via getting the stage of your Web page (the five-second rule talked about earlier).
– Avoid way too many text effects. Forget blinking text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which will do nothing more than annoy your internet site visitor. No longer create a “loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or design that tourists are overpowered by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of images on your Web site so that you do overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images on your own Web site. They were cool a decade ago, however in today’s specialist environment, they are really just another “loud, ” irritating distraction that site visitors can not want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the simple fact that it may be used to design wonderful Web sites.
— Don’t include frames in to Web site musiccityworks.com style. The use of casings within a Internet site will travel customers aside faster than anything!
— DO integrate the proper Web page design factors to ensure that your Web site is able to be found by search engines.