Be aware of these types of common problems when designing your web sites:
– Home page would not quickly tell you what the Web site is all about. You need to be able to go to the home page of any Internet site and determine what the internet site is about, what sort of products this sells, findate69.comor what it is marketing within five seconds.
– The indegent use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animations and sound but which you have to watch just for five to ten a few moments before you are taken to the real Internet site), and also other Web design features that pull interest away from your Site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site navigation. This includes worn out hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take you to pages without having links, backlinks that have you to a similar Web page, and pages without having links returning to the home webpage (always will include a link back towards the home page to ensure that regardless of where prospects are, they will find their particular way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you could have a marketing campaign or total marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Web-site is certainly not your marketing strategy. Your Web site is just a part of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have an excellent restaurant but want to advertise and market your business online. Creating a Internet site is great, when it is not promoted and publicized, no one is ever going to find it. By passing out custom business cards with your Site URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to market your Web site. If you give you a downloadable/ savings coupon from the Web site, you are efficiently using your Site as part of your online marketing strategy to meet objective of improved restaurant product sales.
– Inability to attain Internet site relevance and content modernizing. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting an online site that is largely out of date. Completely wrong pricing, products no longer offered, dated content material, and old advertising almost all signify to the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site is definitely suffering considerably. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will detract the visitor by getting the stage of your Web page (the five-second rule noted earlier).
— Avoid a lot of text results. Forget pulsating text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and wild effects, which do nothing much more than annoy your websites visitor. May create a “loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text message, or design that site visitors are confused by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web page so that you can not overwhelm your internet site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images in your Web site. These were cool ten years ago, but also in today’s specialist environment, they may be just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors no longer want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
— Don’t integrate frames in Web site design. The use of glasses within a Web-site will drive customers away faster than anything!
– DO include the proper Website design components to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found simply by search engines.