Be aware of these kinds of common risks when designing your site:
– The house page would not quickly tell you what the Web site is all about. You ought to be able to go to the home page of any Web page and find out what the internet site is about, what sort of products it sells, or perhaps what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– The indegent use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animated graphics and audio but that you’ve to watch with regards to five to ten seconds before you are delivered to the real World wide web site), and also other Web design features that pull interest far from your Web site, products, and/ or services.
– Poor Web site selection. This includes busted hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages without having links, backlinks that have you to a similar Web page, and pages with no links returning to the home web page (always include a link back to the home page to ensure that regardless of where readers are, they will find their particular way back residence! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you have a marketing plan or general marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web site is certainly not your web marketing strategy. Your Web-site is just a component to your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have an excellent restaurant but want in promoting and market your business on the net. Creating a Site is great, but since it is not endorsed and advertised, no one is ever going to find it. By passing out custom business cards with your Site URL imprinted on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to promote your Web page. If you give a downloadable/ savings coupon through your Web site, you are effectively using your Site as part of your online strategy to meet project of improved restaurant product sales.
– Failure to attain Internet site relevance and content changing. There is absolutely nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting a site that is largely out of date. Improper pricing, goods no longer obtainable, dated content, and historical advertising almost all signify to the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site can be suffering tremendously. Cramming your pages with non-relevant materials will take away the visitor right from getting the point of your Internet site (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
— Avoid way too many text results. Forget blinking text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which will do nothing more than annoy your blog visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or graphics that tourists are overpowered by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web page so that you have a tendency overwhelm your site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images in your Web site. These were cool a decade ago, but in today’s specialist environment, they may be just another “loud, ” irritating distraction that site visitors may want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by simple fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames in to Web site ashrafzakaria.com design. The use of support frames within a Web page will travel customers aside faster than anything!
– DO include the proper Website design factors to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found by simply search engines.