Be aware of these kinds of common issues when designing your web sites:
– Your home page would not quickly tell you what the Web page is all about. You have to be able to visit the home page of any Internet site and determine what the web page is about, what kind of products it sells, or perhaps what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animated graphics and appear but which you have to watch for five to ten a few moments before you are delivered to the real Net site), and other Web design features that attract interest faraway from your Internet site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site selection. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages without links, links that consider you to a similar Web page, and pages without links to the home page (always will include a link back towards the home page so that regardless of where readers are, they can find their very own way back house! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or overall marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Website is not your online strategy. Your Internet site is just a part of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a good restaurant yet want to advertise and market your business appgap.co.za on the internet. Creating a Web site is great, but once it is not marketed and promoted, no one will ever find it. By passing out business cards with your Internet site URL embossed on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign in promoting your Site. If you give a downloadable/ printable coupon from your Web site, you are successfully using your Internet site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet pregnancy of improved restaurant sales.
– Failure to attain Web page relevance and content bringing up-to-date. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting a Web site that is largely out of date. Wrong pricing, products no longer offered, dated content, and ancient advertising each and every one signify to the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is certainly suffering drastically. Cramming your pages with nonrelevant material will detract the visitor via getting the level of your Web page (the five-second rule pointed out earlier).
— Avoid too many text results. Forget pulsating text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and dizzying effects, which will do nothing more than annoy your internet site visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, text message, or design that guests are overwhelmed by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of images on your Site so that you may overwhelm your websites visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your own Web site. These were cool ten years ago, but in today’s professional environment, they can be just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors do want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by simple fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames in to Web site design and style. The use of structures within a Web page will travel customers aside faster than anything!
— DO incorporate the proper Web site design factors to ensure that the Web site is able to be found by simply search engines.