Be aware of these kinds of common pitfalls when designing your blog:
– Your house page will not quickly let you know what the Site is all about. You should be able to visit the home page of any Web site and determine what the site is about, what type of products that sells, or perhaps what it is advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animated graphics and appear but which you have to watch for the purpose of five to ten seconds before you are taken to the real World wide web site), and other Web design features that bring interest far from your Web page, products, and/ or products.
– Poor Web site map-reading. This includes damaged hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages with no links, backlinks that have you to a similar Web page, and pages with no links returning to the home web page (always include a link back for the home page in order that regardless of where readers are, they can find their way back house! ).
– Believing that because you may have a Web site, you could have a marketing plan or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Site is not really your online marketing strategy. Your Site is just a element of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have a prospering restaurant nonetheless want to market and market your business airplayproject.com on the internet. Creating a Site is great, but since it is not promoted and advertised, no one will ever find it. By simply passing out business cards with your Web site URL imprinted on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to advertise your Web site. If you provide a downloadable/ printable coupon through your Web site, you are efficiently using your Web page as part of your online marketing strategy to meet project of increased restaurant revenue.
– Failing to attain Website relevance and content bringing up-to-date. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting a Web site that is grossly out of date. Improper pricing, items no longer offered, dated articles, and ancient advertising pretty much all signify to the Web site visitor that the devotion on your Web site can be suffering significantly. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will take away the visitor coming from getting the point of your Internet site (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
– Avoid a lot of text results. Forget flashing text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and wild effects, which in turn do nothing much more than annoy your internet site visitor. Is not going to create a “loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text message, or design that visitors are weighed down by the results and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web page so that you may overwhelm your blog visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your own Web site. They were cool ten years ago, playing with today’s specialist environment, they are simply just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors can not want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by simple fact that it can be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t include frames in to Web site style. The use of frame within a Web-site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
— DO incorporate the proper Web-site design elements to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found by simply search engines.